Sunday 15 January 2012

There's only been one thing on my mind today

and that's tonight's finale of Sherlock.... I've got everything set up ready and I think I will be in total watching about 4 hours and 40 minutes worth of Holmes material. It begins with Jeremy Brett's rendition of The Final Problem and then it goes onto the current Sherlock finale (which is going to kill me) and then as soon as the credits roll for that I'm putting on Brett's The Empty House to restore faith that he will return.

Today has been a good day though. I woke up at about 8:45 and then went for a two mile run. Got back and had refreshed myself before popping down to Waitrose to buy ingredients for the beautiful pasta we cooked earlier on. And now I'm left with getting everything ready for tomorrow so I spend the rest of the evening on Sherlock.

I am surprisingly quite proud to be British and well, I'm desperately trying not to rub something into all of the Sherlock fandom on tumblr. They're all having to live stream BBC1 on websites on their laptops and I mean... can you just imagine having to go through all of that? I'm so thankful that Sherlock is here and I can just pop it on the TV downstairs at a very high and definitive volume. I guess I kind of pity those who have to go round the houses to be able to watch it. I also question their Sherlockian superiority over me as I am English and they are not.

Yes. This is a near naked Benedict Cumberbatch. Appreciate.

Tomorrow the Sherlock fandom has agreed to wear black arm bands for mourning of Holmes. This is what they did back in the day when Conan Doyle originally killed Sherlock off in the stories and the whole of London was in mourning.

I do honestly feel that this is going to be the last Sherlock episode/series. Which is actually soul destroying.

Goodbye and farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment